As many of you have heard Shelby County went "Red" yesterday in the latest Coronavirus map from the Indiana Department of Health. As a result, we have had to make some necessary, yet unfortunate changes to our attendance at these events. These guidelines are in effect until at least January 4th.
Here are the guidelines for these events and they will be strictly enforced.
1) All players/managers/cheerleaders for events will be allowed 2 parents/guardians to these events. If there is a step-parent situation you must contact the school in advance of the event so we can accommodate all parents/guardians to the event.
2)Students, siblings, grandparents, or other family members are not allowed to attend the events.
3) When you attend the event you will be asked to sign in by your child's name for accurate attendance.
4) Sporting events will have the lower section of the home side used for players/managers/personnel only. All spectators will be asked to sit in the upper bleachers or on the south bleachers on the south side of the gym.
5) Concession stands will be open but will be limited in product available to be sold.
6) Masks are to be worn at all times while inside the building and the gym.
I understand this is very disappointing and frustrating for everyone involved. I truly hate this for every person involved in these extracurricular events. In order to help spread the curb of COVID-19, we must take these necessary steps so we can get back to allowing more people at these activities. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!
Morristown Jr/Sr High School Principal